Like every event, we wouldn’t be able to deliver this one without the support of our volunteers. If you have been thinking about volunteering at Backroads then we just want to say a very big THANK YOU.
Our number one priority (besides safety) is making sure that everyone has a great day, and that goes for our volunteers too. All our volunteers can be guaranteed a great time, lunch, refreshments and a volunteer t-shirt to wear on event day.
If you’re excited about volunteering then we’d love to have you. The great news is that there is a variety of roles available, which means there is something for everyone. These roles include:
• Registration Attendant: you’ll assist participants collecting their race packs, so you’ll get to feel all their pre-race hype.
• Recovery Attendant: you’ll be in the recovery area handing out gels, fruit and water to those who have just finished the race.
• Course Marshall: you’ll direct athletes on the course and make sure they are all heading in the right direction.
• Parking Marshall: you’ll direct cars into the designated parking area and make sure everyone gets in and out safely.
• Aid Station Attendant: you’ll man one of the feed/on course aid stations, making sure that everything is replenished whilst cheering on our competitors.